Dentist in Dallas
At the dental office of Larry D. Herwig, D.D.S., we offer dental implants as a long-term solution for tooth loss. They are also used to secure partial or complete dentures as well as support for dental crowns and bridges. Dr. Herwig collaborates with top local specialists that place the implants and he then coordinates the final crown or bridge fabrication in the lab and cementing it in his office.
Dental implants resemble natural teeth and can completely restore your smile and substantially improve your oral health. The implant, made of titanium, is placed into the jaw. Once fused with natural bone, the crown (false tooth) is secured on the implant. Implants have the same, dependable foundation as natural tooth roots. With properly placed implants, you will no longer have to experience discomfort in chewing, laughing or speaking.
Dental implants resemble natural teeth and can completely restore your smile and substantially improve your oral health. More advantages of dental implants include:
- Improved speech – With a removable device like dentures and partials, teeth can slip within the mouth and can cause you to slur or mumble your words. A dental implant allows you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort – Dental implants remove the discomfort of removable dentures sitting on the gums.
- Improved oral health – Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health.
- Durability – With proper oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Easier to eat – Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat foods without pain.
Our implant team will discuss tooth replacement options with you to help you make an informed decision. The entire team utilizes modern technology to minimize any discomfort associated with receiving a dental implant. This allows for a very relaxed and comfortable experience, for even the most fearful patients.
There are many factors that we will consider prior to recommending a dental implant, including: adequate bone support, healthy gum tissue, overall health, sinus and nerve location, and long-term prognosis.
Our Dallas, TX dentist is committed to making sure your smile is healthy and beautiful. Please contact us for more information.